Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Moment That Breaks A Mama's Heart


I was making dinner and out of the clear blue, Eliza (who hasn't shed a single tear since she's been here and has proven to be one tough cookie) came up to me and pointing to the calendar and the date that she & Alona are scheduled to leave, she said, "Mama, I no ... (and she put her arms out and flew them like a plane)."  

She repeated herself and added, "I no want to go!" 

And then she gave me a huge, strong hug.  I, who have been emotional since the birth of my first child nearly 10 years ago, couldn't help but hold back the tears. When she looked up at me she had tears in her and when she saw that I did too, she lost it.  

Together we hugged and cried and I simply said, "I understand."

She left and went to the couch and laid down. 

I knew what she was thinking, but I knew I needed to leave her to herself. 

When dinner time came, we called everyone to the table she came.  
We prayed. 
And then she began to cry but, turned her head toward her sister trying to hide it. 

Immediately, Alona knew to love on her. 

They left the room to talk and Alona came back saying  (via google translate) "she does not want to leave this family."  

We'd take her in a heartbeat.

If only it were that simple.

Please pray for Steve & me as we seek God's will for next steps and for the girls orphanage director and others that play vital role in bringing sweet girls like Eliza to forever homes.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, if only it were that simple. I will be praying!

    ReplyDelete