Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

The specialness of Mother's Day began on Friday morning, when Jake's Kindergarten class put on a Mother's Day Tea! I was greeted in the lobby by my sweet boy, who promptly requested to take my picture.

And then posed, so I could take his. Please note that school uniforms were replaced this day by very handsome attire. Jake had requested that we rent a tux for the occasion, but he graciously relented and wore this instead.


At our table we sat with our friends, Rachael & William Ruzsyki
And Patty & Jayden Peterson


This is the plate that Jake made for me.

This note shares something that Jake's Mom is good at
and apparently, I am a good at making Tacos!

Jake's favorite thing to do with Mom is: HUG!
(love it!)

The kids recited Psalm 23 and sang a couple songs for us.

We ate cheese, crackers, grapes and cookies.
With tea to drink, of course!
It was a wonderfully, fun morning. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Jakey.

Sunday morning was precious.
All the whispering and sneaking around with giggles and excitement was as much fun as the end product of breakfast in bed with gifts and cards and happy faces.

Here's a shot of my three love bugs and their side kick, Wriggley!

Connor worked tirelessly on a card for me that was really more of a book. Each page with a beautifully drawn picture and all the words carefully sounded out.

Paige gave me a picture frame she painted and glued and glittered with much love. Inside the frame was a precious picture of my princess. The beam of her eyes and width of her smile were almost as priceless as the gift inside the wrapping. She was so proud.




I also received a fire pit for our patio this summer. I don't have a picture of it, but I'm sure you'll see plenty of it in the days ahead. It was a wonderful day! Being Mommy to these three little bundles of energy is truly a blessing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment