Sunday, May 2, 2010

Monster Truck Show

It took me nearly 14 years, but I finally talked Steve into taking me to a Monster Truck Show. If we didn't have two boys, I don't think it would have happened, but I'm thankful to the kids for helping me convince Daddy that it would be a lot of fun. Steve did begin to think that it would be a great one time experience. Now Paige on the other hand wasn't as easy to convince. "I don't want to go to boy stuff." She painfully pleaded.

The show was at the Pontiac Silverdome, it's first use in over 5 years. We got to go early and see the trucks up close.

This Pinocchio is not lying...he thinks the show is "Awesome!"

We ate really gross Stadium Food and I can't even bare to type what they charged us for water. Let's just say that if we bought a bottle for each of us it would have cost $27.50 for just regular 10 oz bottles of Dasani water. It was a crime!



Paige brightened up when she realized that there was a GIRL Monster Truck and driver. Here she is in front of "High Maintenance." The driver had long blonde hair and there wasn't anything about her that would make you think she was in to Monster Trucks. But, she made our little princesses day!

Oh, yah, Baby!!

Some of us took it very seriously
!
Others of us...not so much!


We even got to see a crash!


And here is "High Maintenance" flying by.

We had a great time. It was definitely a one time even that now we can say that we did in our life time. (Steve's so good to me!)

1 comment:

  1. That's my high heel-wearing, truck-driving, fashionista, motorcyle-loving sister for ya!

    I love the picture of Steve & Paige, with her keeping an eye on her daddy to make sure he was playing along! A fun one-time event, I agree. We did it once, and our hearing is still suffering.

    ReplyDelete