Monday, August 1, 2011

Our Classroom

I utilized my time while the kids were at Spring Hill this summer to turn what we used to call our "Art Room" into our now "Class Room." I was given very strict instructions by Paige that we were going to have to have "Calender Time," "Snack Time," "Centers" and "Free Choice." She seemed very pleased with our calender corner, so hopefully the others will have similar results.

Steve found these desks on Craigslist from a school that was closing and we got them for $5 a piece!! It was a far cry from the $150+ a piece I was looking at online :) and I think they will work perfectly for our needs.


This is our white board and above the curtains are the ABC's & vowels that we will be drilling into our little princess student.

The two flags to the left were made by Jake & Connor at least two, maybe three, years ago. They're one of my favorites and a perfect compliment to our school room.

This is the Mommy section. This is where all the curriculum and games and manipulative, etc. are stored. This may be the last time it looks this neat, but I'm praying that little hands will also learn the skill of neatness and "putting things back as you found them" during our little home schooling adventure. One can always hope, right!?

2 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful! I know that lots of learning, loving and memory-making will happen there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic, Dee! You are doing great! :-)

    ReplyDelete